Website phew Cyber Security
Cyber Security Sorted
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Penetration Tester to join us at our successful and rapidly growing specialist cyber security organisation.
At phew we offer penetration testing, security assurance and related cyber security services to a range of NZ and international clients, from innovative SaaS start-ups to publicly listed and critical infrastructure providers. Due to a high level of demand for our services we are expanding our quality-focused and talented team.
What can we offer you at phew?
- Real growth opportunities, with potential for equity in the business for superstars
- A tight-knit team with a focus on collaborative working and knowledge sharing
- Hands-on exposure to diverse targets and projects, with plenty of autonomy, and a real impact on the business and the quality of the solutions we deliver to our clients
- Structured security research time that grows with seniority and experience
- Strong focus on upskilling and certification, with support through study leave and course costs
- Modern work culture, with flexibility for WFH plus face to face time with the team at our smart, well located, central Auckland offices
Typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Website, web and native application, and API penetration testing across a broad range of targets and clients
- Testing public and private, wired and wireless, network and networked services
- Assisting with cyber security consultancy and research projects, as well as managed cyber security services
- Contributing to security assurance strategies, tools and practices to maintain efficient and effective outcomes for clients
- Integration of security assurance activities within various projects
What we’re looking for:
- Smart candidates who can demonstrate both a strong desire and a strong capability to forge a successful career in offensive and cyber security
- A recent graduate or junior cyber security specialist, ideally with some penetration testing, development, and networking experience
- Self-motivation, self-management and the ability to take responsibility for all aspects of your work, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong and clear communication skills – and the ability to communicate security and vulnerability concepts and findings with clarity to both internal and customer stakeholders
- Knowledge of emerging security tactics, techniques and practices
- Some knowledge and experience with penetration testing frameworks, tools and methodologies, including OWASP and NIST
- Certifications in specialist cyber security qualifications will be viewed favourably
If you are a junior or aspiring penetration tester or security analyst who wants to work with a passionate team, in an exciting and innovative Kiwi cyber security organisation, then please get in touch now for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com